Free Chequing - Simply Free Account®
This banking account is for you if:
- you want a free chequing account with no strings attached.
- you want to send Interac e-Transfers® for free.
- you have better plans for your money than paying fees.
Freeno monthly account fee
Free Bank Account Details
FREE unlimited transactions per month, including:
- FREE Interac e-Transfers® within Canada
- FREE unlimited cheque clearing
- FREE unlimited debit card transactions
- FREE preauthorized payments and deposits
- FREE withdrawals
- FREE bill payments
- FREE unlimited access to online banking and mobile banking
- FREE access to over 3,300 ATMs across Canada on THE EXCHANGE®
- No minimum balance requirement
Additional Features & Benefits
- FREE eStatement through online banking
- FREE online cheque viewing
- FREE starter cheques
- Plus, you can rest easy knowing that your deposits are 100% guaranteed†
Want more perks?
How about a $200 bonus just for joining a credit union? Open an account set up with recurring, pre-authorized payment or deposit and receive a $200 welcome bonus. For full terms and conditions of this bonus offer, visit https://getyourshare.ca/islandsavings/.
Already a member? We're glad to hear it—you can receive bonuses too! Register on our Referral Perks® website and use it to refer a friend to visit one of our Island Savings branches and join First West Credit Union, and you'll both be eligible to earn a $50 prepaid MasterCard®—that's right, a $50 thank you gift for each of you! Refer Now!
® Trade-Mark of Interac Inc. Used under licence
†The Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, a statutory corporation, fully guarantees all BC credit union deposits. Credit Union equity shares and investments such as mutual funds or RSP equity plans are not covered by deposit insurance.
Here is an easy access document that includes everything you need to know about the terms and conditions for this account. Read more (PDF).
Ready to apply? Opening a Simply Free Account® with us is easy!
Open a new account online or if you’re already a member, simply call us and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to open a new account for you or make changes to your existing account.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch phone numbers.