The Island Savings “Fraud Prevention” contest rules
In these rules, “Island Savings” means Island Savings, a division of First West Credit Union.
- This contest is open to any resident of British Columbia who is at least 19 years of age on the date that he or she enters the contest.
- This contest is open only to individuals; no groups, organizations, or other non-natural persons are eligible to enter or to win.
No purchase necessary.
- Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of First West Credit Union, Island Savings Insurance, a division of First West Insurance Services Ltd., or any of their affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to win the prize.
How to Enter
- This contest period runs March 17, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time and closes March 31, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- In order to enter the contest and be eligible for a chance to win Participants must, during the contest period,:
(i) comment on the Island Savings “Fraud Prevention” contest post on Facebook, per the instructions on the post.
- Entries are limited to one per person, per post, during the contest period.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won. The prize consists of one (1) pre-paid Mastercard Gift Card valued at $50.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value without liability or further notice. The prize must be accepted by the winner in the individual winner’s name and is not transferable. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
Determination of Winners
- The winner will be selected at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on April 2, 2021. At this time, one Facebook commenter whose question is considered by a First West Credit Union representative to be the best from all eligible comments made on the eligible posts, will be selected. First West Credit Union reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to change the date and time of the draw.
- The entrant whose eligible comment is selected, and who replies and correctly answers, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and who otherwise complies with these rules, will be the winner. The winner will be announced on Island Savings’ Facebook post and will be responsible for privately contacting the designated First West Credit Union representative to make arrangements to claim his/her prize.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries made before the contest closes.
- If a prospective winner is not eligible or is not otherwise confirmed as a winner, or does not contact the designated First West Credit Union representative to claim his/her prize after reasonable efforts in the opinion of First West Credit Union for a period of five (5) days from and including the date when his/her entry is selected, then he/she will be disqualified. First West Credit Union, in its sole discretion, may randomly select another entrant as the winner, subject to compliance with these rules.
- By entering, each and all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules.Awarding of the prize is conditional upon compliance with these rules and the winner signing any further releases required by First West Credit Union, including any Contest and Photography Release form, confirming his or her agreement to abide by and be bound by these rules and accepting the prize as offered.
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and other laws applicable in British Columbia. Void where prohibited. First West Credit Union may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Each winner consents to the use by Island Savings and/or First West Credit Union of his or her name, municipality of residence, photograph, voice and statements without charge or compensation other than the prize awarded.
- All decisions of the contest’s judge(s) appointed by Island Savings and/or First West Credit Union with respect to all aspects of this contest are final.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, if any event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal running of this contest as provided for in these rules. First West Credit Union may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FIRST WEST CREDIT UNION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any contest entrant or any other person for:
(i) any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered entries, regardless of the cause;
(ii) any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant ability to contact First West;
(iii) any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause;
(iv) this contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules,
(v) any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the contest or the submission of entries to the contest or participation in the contest or the contest prize, or the use of any First West Credit Union web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by First West Credit Union or anyone for whom First West Credit Union is responsible, and notwithstanding that First West Credit Union may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- None of First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, any of their directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will be responsible for injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune relating to the prize awarded and/or this contest. The winner agrees to indemnify and save harmless First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives (and each of them) of and from all claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities and costs whatsoever relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or resulting from this contest, including without limitation legal costs on a solicitor-and-client basis.. The winner agrees to execute any further release and/or indemnity requested by First West Credit Union.
- First West Credit Union acknowledges that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By participating in this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- By entering, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these contest rules and regulations.