This insurance is for you if:
- you own a home and you want to protect it.
- you want to ensure your belongings are replaced if they are stolen.
- you want to rest easy during the next big wind storm.
Key Features & Benefits
- Enables you to repair/rebuild your home
- Provides you with content replacement costs, where applicable
- Covers sums that you are legally liable to pay because of bodily injury or property damage
- Covers additional living expenses if your home is unfit to live in or you’ve lost rental income
All policies feature:
- Comprehensive replacement cost coverage, where applicable
- Minimum of $1 million in liability coverage
- Choice of deductibles
- Flexible payment options
- Wide range of available discounts, including discount for members who bank with our First West Credit Union Island Savings division
What You'll Need to Bring
Whether you have an appointment booked with us already, or you're just dropping by, it is important that you bring the following documents with you when you visit us so that we can provide you with the best home insurance solution possible.
- Current homeowner policy or renewal documents Current coverage – policy information and special coverage for items like jewelry, art and watercraft.
- Home appraisal or home inspection report
General dwelling information – age, size, any out buildings that may need coverage, materials used for finishing like roof, electrical, plumbing, heating, flooring, hot water tank and wood stove.
If you don’t have these documents, don’t worry. Our insurance experts will help you to find the answers.
Earn AIR MILES® Reward Miles
Earning AIR MILES reward miles on your CNS home insurance is easy.
Simply visit www.cns.ca to register. Have your AIR MILES Collector number, policy number, and the effective date of your policy ready to complete the process. Once registered, you will begin earning reward miles on a monthly basis.
If you are not an AIR MILES Collector yet but wish to earn reward miles, go to www.airmiles.ca and enroll for free. Then register with CNS at www.cns.ca.
Earn 1 AIR MILES reward mile on home insurance for every $20 in premium (including taxes) from CNS. Terms and conditions apply.
For further information go to www.cns.ca or contact the CNS AIR MILES Support Centre at 1-888-538-7558.
® ™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. and Roins Financial Services Ltd.
First West Insurance Services Ltd., offering financial planning, life insurance and investments, is a wholly owned subsidiary of First West Credit Union. Island Savings Insurance is a trade-mark of First West Credit Union, and is used under license.
As a full service insurance broker, Island Savings Insurance will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need. Members who bank with our First West Credit Union Island Savings division, will receive a 10% discount on home insurance policies.
In general, several things contribute to the cost of home insurance:
- Where you live
- Your claim record
- The replacement cost
- Value of your personal content
For more information on rates, call or visit one of our insurance locations today.
Things to Consider
- How much would it cost to rebuild your home at today's prices?
- What would it cost to replace the contents of your home? Record the contents of your home with our household inventory checklist.
- Do you have items that should be insured with additional coverage (i.e. silverware, jewelry, boat, laptop)?
- Do you operate a "home based" business?
Methods of Payment
- Pay upfront—if you've got the money saved, you can pay the premium in full on the policy effective date.
- Pay monthly—if you'd like to spread the insurance cost over 12 equal monthly payments.
- Personal Cheques
- Debit Cards
Need to Make a Claim?
To report your insurance claim, please contact us for assistance:
- For emergency assistance, call: 1-800-737-4747 (24 hour service)
- Contact an insurance location: view phone directory
Ready to get a quote? At Island Savings Insurance, we provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs.
Start your free online quote now for home, condo or tenant insurance—it’s quick and simple!
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to chat with you about the questions you have.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.