This insurance is for you if:
- you own and operate a boat in B.C.
- you want the accessories on your boat replaced if they get damaged or stolen.
- you have better things to think about—like where to dock for lunch.
Key Features & Benefits
As a full service insurance broker, Island Savings Insurance offers a variety of boat insurance policies. All policies feature:
- Coverage available for small watercraft or large boats and everything in between
- Choice of deductibles
- All risk coverage
- Agreed value coverage
- Payment options
In addition, the following coverage is available:
- Insurance for accessories (i.e. motor, boat trailer)
- Insurance for items left on the watercraft (i.e. fishing gear, life jackets)
As a full service insurance broker, Island Savings Insurance will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need.
In general, several things contribute to the cost of boat insurance:
- Where you live
- Your claim record
- Driving record
- Navigation area
- The watercraft you drive
- What type and how much additional coverage you choose
For more information on rates, call or visit any of our insurance locations today.
Things to Consider
- Homeowner's insurance policies provide limited coverage for personal watercraft, however, it's important to be fully covered in the event of an accident.
- The age and type of watercraft you own will affect the amount you pay for insurance.
- You may have other accessories on your boat that should be insured (i.e. trailer, motor).
Methods of Payment
- Pay upfront—if you've got the money saved, you can pay the premium in full on the policy effective date.
- Pay monthly—if you'd like to spread the insurance cost over 12 equal monthly payments.
- Personal Cheques
- Debit Cards
Need to make a claim?
To report your insurance claim, please contact us for assistance:
- For emergency assistance, call: 1-800-737-4747 (24 hour service)
- Contact an insurance location: view phone directory
Ready to get a quote? At Island Savings Insurance, we provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs.
Contact us online and let us know what insurance coverage you’re looking for—we’d be happy to provide you with a quote.
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to chat with you about the questions you have.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.