World Elite MasterCard®
This card is for you if:
- you want VIP treatment.
- you want a card with medical coverage.
- you want price protection on the things you purchase.
- you love collecting points and love cash back even more.
2pointsfor every$1 spent
CHOICE REWARDS® World Elite® MasterCard®
CHOICE REWARDS® Program. Redeem (2 points for every dollar spent) for cash rewards, free travel or brand name merchandise. Plus, receive 5000 bonus sign-up points upon approval.
Key Features & Benefits
- Acceptance at over 32 million locations worldwide
- Instant cash access at more than 1 million ATM locations
- Emergency cards and cash with one phone call
Plus get these additional benefits:
- Concierge Service. Books all your travel needs. Make dinner reservations or reserve tickets for the hottest concerts, and much more.
- Price Protection. If you make an eligible purchase with your MasterCard and find the same product advertised in Canada at a lower price with 60 days after purchase, the difference will be refunded.
- Exclusive MasterCard offers and VIP experience worldwide.
- Online account access at cucardsonline.ca. You have access to view your account 24/7.
- Out-of-Province/Country Travel Health Plan
- Extended Warranty
- World-wide global acceptance and world's largest ATM network. You have the convenience of using your credit card world wide.
- 24-hour lost/stolen card assistance. You gain peace of mind that MasterCard will quickly replace your card and fund emergency cash.
View our details tab for more information on the extra benefits
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
Comprehensive Benefits & Perks
Out-of-Province/Country Travel Medical Insurance
- Coverage is for the first 15 days of each trip outside your province or territory of residence.
- Coverage is up to $2,000,000, per insured person and includes:
- hospital inpatient room and board charges, up to semi-private ward or the equivalent
- emergency medical treatment (including x-rays and lab) and prescription drugs prescribed because of an emergency condition (limited to a 30 day supply)
- up to $350 per profession for professional fees for emergency treatment by a licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist or podiatrist
- emergency dental treatment (including x-rays and lab); also covers up to $250 to relieve dental pain
- emergency medical transportation to an appropriate medical facility
- return to your province or territory of residence, if Allianz Global Assistance's consulting physician determines you are medically able to and recommends you return home
- friend or family hospital visits if insured person is travelling alone and hospitalized as an inpatient for more than 3 consecutive days
- up to $5,000 for repatriation of remains
- return of dependent children if insured person is hospitalized more than 24 hours or must return to Canada due to their emergency medical condition covered under this insurance
- up to $2,000 for return of vehicle
- Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- 24-hour assistance to:
- confirm emergency medical coverage and direct insured person to medical facility
- arrange and pay for emergency medical transportation services
- keep in contact with you and your treating physician
- provide travel document and ticket replacement assistance
- provide legal assistance
- provide emergency cash transfers
- provide emergency messaging assistance
- primary cardholder under the age of 75
- his/her spouse under the age of 75
- eligible dependent children
- who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- resident of Canada
- covered under a Government Health Insurance Plan for the full duration of the coverage period; and
- not employed outside of Canada on a full or part-time basis
Optional extension of coverage is available by calling 1-866-520-8827. The additional coverage may require the completion of a medical questionnaire.
- 90-day Purchase Protection
- Protection against loss, theft and damage for items purchased with your MasterCard card
- Items will be replaced or repaired, or you will be reimbursed the purchase price
- Items given as gifts are also covered
- Extended Warranty
- The manufacturer's warranty is automatically extended for up to two additional years for items purchased with your MasterCard card
- Items must have a valid warranty in Canada
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Charge at least 75% of your trip to your MasterCard card
- Applies if you, a family member, or a travelling companion falls ill, experiences serious injuries or passes on unexpectedly, requiring you to cancel your tickets at the last minute
- Coverage applies to cardholders and your spouse 69 years of age and under, and dependent children travelling with you
- Tickets will be refunded up to $3,000 per account per trip
- Accidental Death Insurance
- $1,000 will be paid to your beneficiary if you sustain accidental bodily injury causing death
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- Up to $500,000 coverage when you purchase your ticket with your MasterCard card
- Baggage Delay
- Up to $300 for expenses for emergency purchase of essential items when baggage is delayed or misdirected for more than 24 hours
- Unexpected Return Home Benefits
- In the event of a death in your immediate family, you are covered for up to $2,000 for return travel
- Emergency Assistance Services
- Emergency Cash Transfer
- Lost Document and Ticket Replacement
- Lost Luggage Assistance
- Pre-Trip Information
When you rent a car with your MasterCard card, you're protected with:
- Collision Damage Waiver Benefit - equivalent to that offered by the car rental company, provided you decline the car rental company's optional Collision Damage Waiver
- Car Rental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits - up to $300,000 coverage per accident for you, your spouse and dependent children Personal Effects Benefits - if your rental car is damaged or stolen, any personal effects in the car are covered up to $1,000 per insured person, up to $2,000 per rental period
Legal Referrals and Payment Assistance - in those countries that the MasterAssist Operations Centre deems safe for travel, you will be assisted in locating a legal advisor, and in paying legal fees up to $5,000 (billable to your MasterCard account, and subject to credit availability)
Please refer to the Emergency Assistance Services section in the Certificate of Insurance for specific terms, conditions and limitations.
Insurance benefits are underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida, Assurant SolutionsTM companies. Details of your coverage, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card.
(6 most recent months): $2.00
(Older than 6 months): $20.00
CHOICE REWARDS® Program
- Earn 2 points for every dollar charged in eligible retail purchases
- Receive 5000 bonus sign-up points upon approval
- Receive unlimited points. There are no caps on rewards points
- Redeem points for cash rewards, premium merchandise from the CHOICE REWARDS® website or for travel through the exclusive CHOICE REWARDS® Travel Agency at a 1% value (10,000 points = $100 worth of travel)
- If you don't have enough points for an entire trip, you can charge the remainder to your World Elite MasterCard card and earn even more points!
- No restrictions on travel:
- Any seat
- Any carrier (airline, cruise, ski package, etc.)
- Any travel time (even during seat sales and blackout periods)
- Any destination
View CHOICE REWARDS® catalogue
Key Features & Benefits
Credit card balance protection is a voluntary insurance you can get to help you make your minimum Island Savings MasterCard® payments if you are unable to work because of sickness, accident, layoff or involuntary dismissal. If you die, it will pay off your balance in full.
For further details, please contact your nearest Island Savings branch.
What You'll Need
You'll need to be at least 19 years of age to apply for a MasterCard®.
Ready to apply? Applying for a MasterCard® with us is easy!
Applying for a World Elite MasterCard® online is simple, and only takes a few minutes!
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to go through the application process with you.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch phone numbers.